September the 11th

sep 11

All I remember that this year I was starting my Primary school studies. On this day in 1996, the first flight of the McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Bird of Prey stealth aircraft was accomplished and written down in the books of History. It was developed from 1992 but still its specific details were concealed even after the end of the program in 1999. It was officially unveiled to the public in 2002 after the specific design features were thought to have become familiar aviation standards that did not need to be hidden. More details about the program can be found at this site. It is pretty good stuff to read…especially on the performance of this aircraft. One word…Amazing!

Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
AICHA EUGENE
Aicha Eugene is a Mechatronics Engineering student at JKUAT in Kenya. He is also a student member of the SAE.
View my complete profile